Give the gift of you. Volunteer.
Thank you for considering a position with the United Way of the Florida Keys!
We have lots of fun while helping make Monroe County a better place for strong, working families.
To apply, please submit a volunteer application to firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about the positions below, or other ways you can help, please call our office at 305-735-1929 (1WAY).
The above application is in .pdf format
Click here to request an application in Word format.
- Take photos at special events such as our annual meeting and school supply drive.
- Additionally, we would love to have high quality photos highlighting the work of the nonprofit agencies we fund, including child care centers, food pantries, and homeless shelters.
- Great opportunity to have your photos featured in the local newspapers, brochures and marketing materials, and online!
Signature Event Chair
- Make a creative visual presentation highlighting our good work throughout the Florida Keys. This will be displayed at IBERIABANK in Marathon for the month of June 2013 and then travel to other locations and events.
- Great opportunity to your build your portfolio of work and help out local nonprofits supported by the United Way!
Residential Campaign Chair
- Manage our quest to find the ideal, successful annual event -- test concepts to discover something new and different that locals will really want to attend for the experience.
- Resume-building opportunity to lead a committee of other volunteers for bottom-line results.
- Way to leave a legacy in your community by conceptualizing and managing a large-scale event that will lead to decades of reliable income for non-profit programs funded by United Way.
Speakers Guild Member
- Lead the planning and launch of United Way's first-ever residential campaign in the Keys, with fun events in community centers, parks, clubs, private homes, and other locations.
- Great way to get your name out in neighborhoods, condo complexes and organizations, telling the story of United Way.Resume-building opportunity to lead a committee of other volunteers for bottom-line results.
- Make a difference in the community by helping sign up donors to the annual campaign.
- Secure the future of United Way in Monroe County by helping identify high net worth individuals who may be prospects for major gifts and planned gifts.
Special Events Committee Member
- Great opportunity to speak in front of large groups and help raise money for non-profit programs;
- People skills and public speaking experience required;
- On-call volunteer to make scheduled fundraising presentations in Monroe County workplaces (primarily but not limited to weekday mornings);
- Speakers are required to go through brief training on the United Way of the Florida Keys, and attend a presentation before going on their own.
Marketing Committee Member
- Experience in helping run special events, or passion to learn about fundraising events required;
- Ongoing commitment of meetings and behind-the-scenes work to help plan our annual campaign celebration, “Stuff the Bus” school supply drive, and other annual or one-time only events.
Finance Committee Member
- Experience in PR, marketing or social media, or passion to learn about fundraising events required;
- Ongoing commitment of meetings and behind-the-scenes work to help market the United Way fundraising campaign, our community impact, and the good work done by the non-profits we fund.
On-Call Events Volunteer
- Background in financial management, budgeting, or investment analysis required;
- 1-3 required meetings per year to forecast and complete the annual budget, establish financial procedures, and review investments.
- No ongoing commitment or special training required;
- Your name will be on a list as a potential helper for one-time events such as helping staff a United Way booth at a festival, or greeting people at our annual event.